arrow_upward
Incentive for filling requests?
New user, just figuring out how things really work, but I've noticed that it's heavily stacked towards generating new threads, and not posting on existing threads.

You get credit and contributor level on new threads, but nothing on posts. While you get some on certain likes, this is true regardless of where the post is made.

What this has lead me to see is that there is really no incentive to helping out on the request side of things. Assuming a user has the material to help out, it would be much more beneficial to them to start a new thread with the links than it would be to reply to the request thread. While the end result might be similar for any single link, it doesn't lead to a good system where all of the collected work of the community go into one single thread with all of the pertinent links. Instead it leads to a whole bunch of individual link threads so that each contributor receives their thread credit and level bonus. 

Am I missing something that makes people want to post usefully on request threads?

Make a new thread and reply to the users old thread informing them you have done so.
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

Thanks for the response. That makes sense.

The only issue there is, as I tried to explain, that leads to lots of individual threads as opposed to a single, central thread on the topic.

For example, if someone requests, say, Amouranth, you could get dozens of individual threads filling the request that have to be individually looked through. What (I think) you'd really want is a single, easily findable thread you could scroll through for all the links members contribute.

Maybe if posts in request threads with moderator-accepted links were given equal credit to making a new thread? That way instead of having to make a new thread, then cross-post in the request thread as you suggested, it's just a bit easier for people to find the correct thread and have one easily scrollable thread will all of the relevant links on a particular model.

Each thread gets likes, which add up to more credits, than just creating a thread.

If you make a top quality thread, that could get stickied because it's so good, that thread's likes could be worth more than a hundred individual threads.
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]