arrow_upward
GPU prices dropping? when?
About 4 years ago I bought a used Sapphire RX 570 from ebay for about $90, I am still using it to this day and its a solid GPU, I felt like this was the future of making my builds with used GPU's, however with chip shortages and crypto miners the prices skyrocketed, I saw my same GPU being sold for $400. What are your guys thoughts on when/if the GPU market will settle down again.

[+] 1 user Likes Dave Guzman's post
I'm in a similar boat as you. There was some rumbling around that recent government crackdowns on crypto may result in fewer miners buying up GPUs but I'm a little doubtful. I think the most likely event is that the drought will continue for a while longer unless producers are able to better meet demand. Hopefully that happens soon lol

I think everything will come back to normal by the end of 2022. The launch of Arc and Nvidia 40 series will definitely help significantly.

Analysts suggested 2023 at the beginning of the shortage. There are some cases of prices decreasing now but that might just be because the next gen is around the corner.

It's never going to end, not until 2035!

when the electricity prices are increasing - my opinion!

I actually need a graphics card so bad but they still so pricey