arrow_upward
DLSS discussion
Does anyone avoid using DLSS because they prefer how the game looks natively? Also, is DLSS 3 really that much better than DLSS 2?  I pretty much only use DLSS on graphically intensive games with ray tracing like Cyberpunk.  I feel like Nvidia and games are starting to rely on it too much.

I don't use DLSS because it dumbs down the graphics more often than it helps, probably because it's supposed to free up resources and lower temps and I'm constantly thermal throttling cause I have an early 30 series with shit thermal pads. DLSS3 is actually better if you have a 40 series because of frame generation -which can literally double your FPS- because it just generates a new frame based on the previous one, instead of running another whole calculation from the assets. If you download the assets for it, you can use DLSS 3.5, but someone has to write a script for it to be used in the games you want, which really improves over DLSS 2 and lets 20 and 30 series user enjoy the benefits of the new AI model.