arrow_upward
Comment System
Personally, the comment system is the biggest issue with this site by far. Before you upgrade, it essentially suggests to people that commenting on a post will unlock it, which it doesn’t. This is why you get tons of comments like “let’s see if this works” and so forth.

Secondly, forcing people to comment essentially fills the entire comment section with absolute junk. There’s very few real comments that aren’t just filler words, and the real ones are very hard to find. 

Let’s be real, the only way to see these links is either by upgrading or posting content. So please, just eliminate the comment requirement.

I mean, it doesn't suggest it, it explicitly states it. First it says "You need to be a registered member to see more on <Thread>." So okay, I'll register as a member. Then it says "You must reply to this thread/like to see hidden links on <Thread>" So okay, I'll like the thread and comment a reply to see if it works. And it doesn't. Now you have 73 pages of people saying, "Does this work?"

I think something similar happened to me. I remember registering, trying to like the post, commenting, and eventually grinding credits and contributor level to finally unlock one link.

I mean, it doesn't suggest it, it explicitly states it. First it says "You need to be a registered member to see more on <Thread>." So okay, I'll register as a member. Then it says "You must reply to this thread/like to see hidden links on <Thread>" So okay, I'll like the thread and comment a reply to see if it works. And it doesn't. Now you have 73 pages of people saying, "Does this work?"