arrow_upward
Are consoles only being sold for their exclusive games?
Why are consoles still being sold? There's nothing a console can do that a pc can't. The fact that some games can only be played on a particular console is just absurd and as a business model it shouldn't be supported. Also you now need to pay for their shitty online services. I cannot think of any other reason to buy a console than to play the games that can be played exclusively on

[+] 2 users Like diobono69's post
I think consoles are attractive because they offer a piece of mine. Not everyone is tech savvy like you and I. Some people just want to plug in the console and game. Also console manufacturers support the developer directly to make a game and some studios are owned by the manufacturer themselves so I think they have the right to own exclusivity to the game, especially when some like sony who are selling thier consoles at a loss to make up the money elsewhere. To be clear, I'm not talking about the scummy behavior of snatching exclusivity last minute before game launch like Epic does.

Yea people really don’t realize how easy it is to jump in and out of gaming with a console. Not to mention with a computer how often things just don’t work as intended. For example in WarZone I’ve crashed out more times on my new pc in the past 2 weeks then I have ever on my Xbox. The optimizations they do for consoles are always amazing even if the specs can’t compete.

i hate playing games online on a PC, everyone finds a way to cheat, aimbot, wall hack etc...

don't get that with a console!

True it’s a lot harder get those types of hacks on consoles however there are a lot of people who use mod packs on their controller and it’s super annoying coming across someone that can shoot a single fire gun faster the you can shoot your automatic gun

It's more convinient for users that has no technological knowledge, it's only plug and play. Sure you can buy a pre-built pc but in time that pc will be outdated and unusable at higher demanding games. Take MSFS2020 for example.

I find console to be better for couch games but maybe that's starting to change. They're also more portable than trying to pack up an entire gaming rig.

So yes consoles are just being sold for that reason but there are games that are just better on console. Now before you have my head on a platter I'll put it like this. What I mean the player base will be larger on console. Take your sports games like, Fifa, 2k, Madden those games do well on console because of how big the player base is on console. If you tried playing those games on PC you won't find many matches on top of that the auction house which some of those games use are going to be dead. Same thing when it comes to fighting games. Yes it is way better to play on PC but there are going to be more players on console. This can be seen in games like Tekken 7 and such. I love to play rpgs or fps on PC because you can mod the game but also fps games feel better on kb&m. Hopefully that can give you some insight to why people still use console or at least one of the reasons why.

For me consols are easier. I don’t need a expensive computer when I only play a few video games for a total of. Maybe 4 hours every week or 2. Consol fits the Bill there.

if you have the money and is aiming for exclusives, grab a console. If you want something more versatile, get a PC.

Honestly there is no reason to buy an Xbox lol All their exclusives are coming to PC. I credit the popularity to the brilliant console wars marketing. I’m about the game so naturally I went to the superior playform ?

I bought console because is cheaper than a high end PC and i dont play as often than before so it better worth it to me.

Consoles are a lot cheaper, they basically 'always' work, and still have pretty incredible games. Sure, my PC is more powerful, but I still games on my PS4 and Switch the most.

I don't know about consoles on Launch, but down the road I definitely bought consoles cause of their exclusive titles.

Like I bought a playstation years after launch for titles like The Last Of Us, God Of War and Bloodborne

Console is the best experience you can get

Besides, graphics aren't everything. If you watch anything from a decade ago it looks super blurry and washed out, but those same graphics were portrayed as the best of their time, and we certainly saw them as amazing. You get used to bad graphics after a while, and sometimes they're even part of the charm (like minecraft, or stardew valley)

No it’s opposite actually.

I'll usually buy a console once it has 4 or 5 exclusive titles I really want to play. These days, I just stick with PC gaming.